About Sandi Givens
With over 25 years of professional experience in training and management, my primary goal is to help people learn, rather than merely tell them what to do. Since 1989, I directed my own company, Shattering Glass Ceilings (a Division of Knowledge-Able Pty Ltd).
I am regarded by both my clients and peers as one of Australia’s most enthusiastic and authentic presenters.
And I am particularly proud to be a widely-acclaimed author, with my book, Women on the Move: How you can create your place in the world, now in its 2nd Edition.
I was awarded the designation of Certified Speaking Professional by the National Speakers Association of Australia (NSAA) – the only internationally recognized designation for professional speakers. As of January 2012, only 91 members of the Australian Association have achieved this honour – of which only 34 are females.
I served as NSAA’s President – Victoria (2005), was awarded their Speaker of the Year (2004) and am a Member of the Global Speakers Federation.
As I relish the opportunity to assist organisations in developing their people in order to achieve higher levels of excellence and satisfaction and am committed to contributing to our community, I am also the Past Patron of the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (Victoria Division), a Member of the Advisory Board of The Global Good Foundation and serve on the organizing committee of our local Cancer Council Relay For Life annual event.
I sincerely believe that what truly enables me to assist you in achieving your desired outcomes is –
- More than 25 years professional business experience
- Experience with a range of industries:
- Real Estate
- Environment Protection
- Government Departments
- and a range of professions, including:
- Service Deliverers
- Team Leaders
- Project Managers
- Flight Attendants
- Experience as a Leader/Manager with three different organisations
- A depth of understanding of human behaviour derived from study, research & experience in working with diversity
- My passion for offering choice & celebrating success, and
- My commitment to my own personal growth, learning & development