Tuesday 10 May, 2016
7:15 am - 9:00 am
Mannningham Function Centre
699 Doncaster Road
Conflict. Like it or not, we all have some of this in our lives. Maybe it’s …
- An aggressive email you’ve received
- A disagreement you are having with a supplier
- A conflict with a staff member
- A ‘personality clash’ between a couple members of your team
- An uneasy feeling you have about your interactions with someone … and it’s getting worse
- A subtle – but real – tension in the air when communicating with a client
All are signs of impending – or existing – conflict.
Logically, it’s likely we all know it’s better to deal with things like this than let them fester and potentially get worse.
BUT … HOW????
That’s exactly what Colin Andrew is going to share with us on May 10th.
During his presentation, How to avoid Conflict in the workplace … by dealing with it!, you’ll learn:
- How to identify conflict in the workplace and understand how it escalates
- An effective approach in dealing with difference and disagreements
- Proven methods of resolving disagreements, problems and disputes
- Key distinctions in Negotiation Styles
- How to respond to aggressive electronic communication
- When you need to seek external help from a qualified mediator
More about Colin Andrew:
Colin is a specialist Mediator and Trainer in Workplace Conflict and Dispute Resolution. He has helped businesses, clubs & organisations of all sizes more effectively and efficiently deal with Conflict and Dispute Resolution.
With expertise in educating staff and establishing workplace communication standards, Colin helps managers and staff identify, approach and deal with difficult conversations for both internal staff and external customer conflict. Additionally, Colin teaches how to defuse abusive electronic communications and deal with high conflict people.
Colin, along with a team of independent specialist Mediators through ADR Co, are the preferred external independent Mediators for business owners and staff to call upon when required if conflict escalates beyond internal resolution methods.
Bookings are closed for this event.